Mechatronics engineer with mechanical engineering (Bachelor of Engineering), combined course of study
Do you want to follow a solid apprenticeship course or would you rather study? This is not a snap decision that you have to make at MAN. If you enjoy electronics and technology, we offer you the opportunity to get a apprenticeship to become a mechatronics engineer whilst simultaneously studying mechanical engineering at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences – including a semester abroad. This will give you the best possible start to your career and the opportunity to develop in a variety of ways.
During your apprenticeship and practical experience
Your apprenticeship will take place in the apprenticeship workshop, in production and in the test workshop. You will complete your practical experience both during the dedicated semester and your own semester breaks. To find out more about a career as an automotive mechatronics engineer, see: Dual apprenticeship in Munich.
- You will learn about the tasks and duties performed by engineers at MAN
- You will learn about the latest methods
- You will work in development, amongst other areas
- You will learn how to use and apply development tools in the areas of mechatronics and electronics
- You will be supervised by our experienced engineers, who will assign relevant tasks to you
During your theoretical stages
Your course of studies is in collaboration with Munich University of Applied Sciences and the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The content of your apprenticeship and studies are based on their examination regulations.
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship lasts 5 years in total:
- 2.5 years of core curriculum and apprenticeship
- 2.5 years for the main course
- A-levels (Abitur) or equivalent, or
- The qualification required to attend technical college (Fachhochschulreife)