Automotive mechatronics engineer apprenticeship
Are you fascinated by the technology in modern vehicles and are rarely without a spanner in your hand? Then a career as an automotive mechatronics engineer could be perfect for you. During apprenticeship, you will learn everything there is to know about servicing, maintenance, repair and diagnostics work on modern cars.
During you apprenticeship, you will learn about...
- Planning and monitoring workflows and evaluating the results of the work
- Updating the hardware and software in control units
- Operating and commissioning vehicles and systems
- Maintaining, testing and adjusting vehicles and systems
- Diagnosing faults and errors and assessing the causes
- Repairing vehicles and their systems, component groups and components
- Using electro-pneumatic and electro-hydraulic circuit diagrams and software diagrams for vehicles
- Equipping, modifying and retrofitting vehicles and their systems
- Inspecting the vehicle in accordance with the provisions of the Highway Code
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship lasts 3.5 years in total. You can shorten the duration of the apprenticeship if you have corresponding qualifications from higher education or you do very well.
- School leaving certificate with a qualification (Qualifizierender Hauptschulabschluss)