Automotive mechatronics engineer apprenticeship, specialising in systems engineering and high-voltage technology
Are you fascinated by the technology in modern vehicles and are rarely without a spanner in your hand? Then a career as an automotive mechatronics engineer could be perfect for you. During apprenticeship, you will learn everything there is to know about servicing, maintenance, repair and diagnostics work on modern cars. The focus on systems engineering and high-voltage technology means you will also be working on system components and troubleshooting.
As an automotive mechatronics engineer in the industry, you will maintain and repair vehicle engines, chassis, units, brakes or exhaust systems. This involves the use of modern measurement and testing equipment. In spite of all the computer technology and electronics, every car is also a complex mechanical structure. As an automotive mechatronics engineer, you will know about both of these fields.
During your apprenticeship, you will learn how to:
- Describe technical vehicle systems and their functions
- Conduct problem analysis, analyse and evaluate technological and mathematical issues and present solutions
- Implement safety, health and environmental protection regulations, statutory registration provisions and methods for maintenance work, while taking quality management, the customer focus principle and the evaluation of results into account.
- Select replacement parts, tools, measurement and testing devices, workshop facilities and resources required for maintenance work, while adhering to technical guidelines and instructions from the manufacturer
- Plan actions while taking operational processes into account
- Use industry-related software to evaluate data
- Perform electronic work on high-voltage components, applying the safety regulations
During apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to choose a focus point. With us, you can choose either commercial vehicle technology or systems engineering and high-voltage technology.
Your opportunities for development:
After your apprenticeship, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career in the service area at a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international perspective, which lets you take control of your own development
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 3.5 years. If you have a corresponding higher education qualification or you do very well, you can shorten the duration of the apprenticeship.
- School leaving certificate with a qualification (Bavaria) (Qualifizierender Hauptschulabschluss)
- School leaving certificate (other German federal states) (Hauptschulabschluss)
- GCSEs (Mittlere Reife) or higher education