Assistant for dispatch and logistics services, and logistics with practical experience (Bachelor of Arts)
Be always on the go – with the "logistics with practical experience" dual course. Here, in combination with apprenticeship, you will learn everything that you need to know about the fields of transportation, traffic and logistics. You will also study general business economics and German law, and broaden your knowledge of foreign languages. We really do provide a great deal of variety.
After first completing a practical course in apprenticeship at MAN Truck & Bus in Salzgitter, you will begin your studies at Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences in Salzgitter (www.ostfalia.de)). The fourth, fifth and ninth semesters are practical semesters that you will complete at MAN. After the fifth semester, you will sit the vocational examination organised by the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Your studies will then focus more on the technical aspects, in consultation with MAN Truck & Bus AG.
During the theoretical stages
Your course of studies is in collaboration with Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences and the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The content of your apprenticeship and studies are based on their examination regulations.
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A transfer that complies with the current trade agreements.
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship lasts 4.5 years in total:
Core curriculum and apprenticeship: 2.5 years
Main course: 2 years
- Good knowledge of mathematics, German and English
- Commitment to work at MAN Truck & Bus for at least 4 years
Applications can be made until 31 January of each year.
With an integrated course of study, you will benefit from many advantages in comparison to the conventional approach to apprenticeship:
- xJob preparation in accordance with the requirements of and changes in your profession
- Receive specialist apprenticeship
- Receive constructive apprenticeship based on scientific principles
- Apply and implement scientific knowledge on a practical level
- Optional: A semester abroad, to work or study
You will already be gaining valuable practical experience during your studies. you can work independently, make decisions, and make a difference. But that is not all: During this stage, you will also discover what it is that you most like, whilst under the personal and expert supervision of competent staff.
Overall, we offer you an interesting and challenging occupation with many attractive apprenticeship aspects
- Assignments in various specialist departments with different teams
- Further personal development and continuous learning
- Participation in strategies that are relevant to your future
- A good mix of scheduled and project-related tasks in different departments
- Technical and business management tasks
- A technical and personal development plan that will be developed with you and adapted to your individual skills and interests
- Guidance and coaching from experienced members of MAN management