Motor vehicle body and vehicle construction mechanic apprenticeship
Into the overalls and over to the vehicles: During your apprenticeship as a motor vehicle body and vehicle construction mechanic, you will need to get your hands dirty. You will learn how vehicle bodies or vehicle parts are produced, repaired or modified using illustrations, circuit diagrams or entirely according to the customer's requirements. And, with a bit of luck, a classic car will fall into your hands.
As a motor vehicle body and vehicle construction mechanic specialising in vehicle body construction technology, you will mainly be involved in the manufacture, repair and modification of vehicle bodies, body panels and superstructural parts. You will perform your duties according to illustrations, circuit diagrams or customer requirements. Your range of tasks will also include making various adjustments to vehicle-related units and systems that you have fitted or modified according to customer specifications.
Additional activities such as body repair work, classic car restoration and advising customers on specialist aspects of body repair work and vehicle body care may also be required.
During your apprenticeship, you will learn how to:
- Plan and monitor workflows and evaluate the results of the work
- Apply quality assurance measures
- Assemble and disassemble components, component groups and systems and repair systems
- Machine and process the semi-finished parts and components by using the necessary tools and machines
- Connect vehicle body parts, components and component groups by welding, riveting, gluing and seam closing
- Construct and manufacture vehicle bodies, bodywork parts and superstructural parts and modify these according to specifications
- Repair vehicle bodies, bodywork parts and superstructural parts
- Modify and equip vehicles with accessories and auxiliary equipment
- Install and commission systems and equipment
- Analyse damage to vehicle bodies, vehicles and systems
- Manufacture, test and protect the required surfaces
Your opportunities for development
After your apprenticeship, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career with one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers. An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international perspective, which lets you take control of your own development
- A transfer that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 3.5 years. If you have a corresponding higher education qualification or you do very well, you can shorten the duration of the apprenticeship.
- School leaving certificate with a qualification (Bavaria) (Qualifizierender Hauptschulabschluss)