International technical project management (Bachelor of Engineering), dual course
At home in the world: If you are interested in a practical course of studies and would also like to gain experience abroad, you will fit right in at MAN. Here, you will be involved in international projects in the areas of production planning and production control. Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Mosbach, Germany, and its partner institution in Great Britain will handle the exciting, theoretical part of the course. And hopefully we will soon be saying: "Nice to meet you!"
During your practical experience
- You will work on advanced topics in the areas of production planning and production control
- You will work in internationally oriented areas that deal with organising and managing projects
- You will learn the basics of product management, the support and service fields, quality management, project planning and project development
- You will receive an insight into the MAN production system (production philosophy, values and core principles)
- You will be engaged in the entire value creation processes for the life cycle of a product
- You will gain a thorough understanding of business management, such as cost calculation, organisation, logistics and quality management
- You will work in the fields of product definition, production, future maintenance and product services
- You will acquire well-founded knowledge in the principles of engineering
- You will learn about the principles of the technical processes and how to describe and analyse these
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Engineering apprenticeship is in collaboration with Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Mosbach, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. For more information, visit the website of the Mosbach site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (www.dhbw-mosbach.de).
The final two semesters can be completed at a partner institution in Great Britain. Cardiff University, the University of Glamorgan and Staffordshire University are currently part of this scheme.
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Once you have successfully completed the course, in addition to the Bachelor of Engineering degree at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University, you can also apply for a Bachelor of Science/Engineering with Honours degree at the partner institution.
Duration of apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship will last 3 years in total.
Each semester consists of a theoretical stage and practical experience, which alternate every three months. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
Candidates with the qualifications required to attend a technical college will only be accepted based on additional proof of their suitability for the course for which they are applying (for more information, see the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University)