Body shop paint technician apprenticeship
Add some colour and train as a body shop paint technician at MAN. An HGV in bright blue, a bus with a company logo, a racing truck with flames or part of a vehicle in your own design – anything is possible. During your apprenticeship, we will show you how to use different painting techniques to achieve brilliant results, as well as how to use your own creativity.
As a body shop paint technician, you are responsible for using different painting techniques to paint, embellish and design products made from a variety of materials. Cars, machine parts and other everyday objects are painted in individual spray booths or on paint lines, which are also equipped with spray booths and dryers. As well as creating special paint jobs and drawing motifs and letters, your duties will include learning about the range of applications of colours and their composition.
During your apprenticeship, you will learn how to:
- Work in a customer-oriented way (accepting contracts, planning, preparing and organising jobs)
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate; pre-treat and re-treat materials
- Clean, sand, prime, smooth, fill, paint and polish
- Design, draw, paint and glue letters, motifs and trim lines
- Perform paint repairs (spot repairs) on vehicle parts and individual components
- Service and maintain tools, devices and equipment
- Conduct quality assurance measures
Your opportunities for development
After your apprenticeship, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international perspective, which lets you take control of your own development
- A transfer that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 3 years. If you have a corresponding higher education qualification or you do very well, you can shorten the duration of the apprenticeship.
- School leaving certificate with a qualification (Bavaria) (Qualifizierender Hauptschulabschluss)