Warehouse operator apprenticeship
Keeping the warehouse organised – as a warehouse operative, your tasks include handling the reception, storage and distribution of goods and wares. In doing so, you really will tackle everything, from using the forklift truck to load packages to working on the computer and recording, for example, incoming deliveries or writing packing lists. Everyone can count on you to keep track of things and know what is going on.
As a warehouse operative, you will deal with receiving and distributing all kinds of goods and work with conveyors and computerised warehouse management systems.
During your apprenticeship, you will learn how to:
- Perform checks on shipping papers and goods at the goods office
- Record information about the goods
- Unload, using unloading and transfer devices
- Store goods in accordance with the legal requirements
- Monitor storage conditions and stored goods
- Initiate quality and value retention measures and conduct stock controls
- Pick (arranging the goods), pack, sign for and label goods
- Identify the cargo area and create loading plans for dispatch handling
- Ship and store goods with shipping papers
Your opportunities for development
After your apprenticeship, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 2 years. If you have a corresponding higher education qualification or you do very well, you can shorten the duration of the apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship can progress onto warehouse logistics technician.
- School leaving certificate (Hauptschulabschluss)