Electrical engineering – automotive electronics and mechatronic systems (Bachelor of Engineering), dual course
Is electronics right up your street? Can you imagine sharing your expertise with a major vehicle manufacturer or supplier? Then we would like to inspire you with a dual course at MAN. In collaboration with Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Friedrichshafen, Germany, your focus will be on the technical advancement and integration of mechanical, electronic and information technology in modern vehicles. It is the ideal way to prepare for your future job, with many opportunities for promotion.
During your practical experience
- You will work in a team consisting of highly qualified engineers
- You will undertake interdisciplinary tasks
- You will collaborate with partners in mechanical development, production and service
- You will collaborate with our international developmental suppliers as well as the engineering departments in the subgroup of the worldwide MAN SE network
- You will learn about the design and technological details of vehicle electrical systems and electrical components. You will work with modern, industrial development processes using the latest methods and computer tools As a future technical engineer, you will assume responsibility for the essential electrical/electronic components, modules or subsystems for MAN Truck & Bus or Neoplan luxury buses
- You will put product ideas into practice to support "your" technology as our customers put it to use
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Engineering apprenticeship is in collaboration with the Friedrichshafen campus of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. For more information, visit the website of the Friedrichshafen campus of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (www.technik.dhbw-ravensburg.de).
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career with one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers. An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 3 years in total. Each semester consists of a theoretical stage and practical experience, which alternate every three months. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
Candidates with the qualifications required to attend a technical college will only be accepted based on additional proof of their suitability for the course for which they are applying (for more information, see the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University)