Business studies – logistics, transportation and shipping (Bachelor of Arts), dual course of study
Do you want to help the world keep moving – by getting goods from A to B? Then we would be glad to welcome you on to our dual business studies -logistics, transportation and shipping course. Against a commercial backdrop, you will study what you need for an exciting job with a logistics service provider or IT logistics company. This is coupled with valuable practical experience at MAN.
During your practical experience
- You will learn how to plan and manage logistics as well as material management
- You will work independently on small projects in the fields of logistics and production
- You will programme IT tools to support logistics tasks
- You will help prepare and conduct workshops to optimise in-house and overall logistics processes
- You will carry out process analysis, mapping and plans, all the while considering the different modes of transport such as road, air and sea. You will work on-site in the goods receipt, storage and goods issuing areas of logistics, focusing on the physical process
- You will carry out process analysis, mapping and plans in the context of a project, all the while considering the different modes of transport such as road, air and sea. You will carry out interdisciplinary work at company facilities, moving between the areas of business development, order management and logistics, with a focus on the physical and systemic process
Your opportunities for development
After your studies, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to begin a career at one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers
- An exciting and diverse role, which allows you to use your experience and contacts to establish yourself within the company
- A professional environment with an international point of view, which lets you take control of your own development
- A takeover that complies with the current trade agreements
During your theoretical stages
The Bachelor of Arts apprenticeship is in collaboration with Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Heidenheim, Germany. The course contents are based on their examination regulations. For more information, visit the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (www.dhbw-heidenheim.de).
Duration of apprenticeship:
Your apprenticeship will last 3 years in total. Each semester consists of a theoretical stage and practical experience, which alternate every three months. You will receive a apprentice allowance during the theoretical stages and practical experience.
- General or subject-specific qualification for entrance to higher education (Hochschulreife)
Candidates with the qualifications required to attend a technical college will only be accepted based on additional proof of their suitability for the course for which they are applying (for more information, see the website of the Heidenheim site of Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University)